The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Friday, April 3, 2009

apologies

I know it has been a little quiet around here recently and I apologize...but not really. I have been making a seirous effort to just hang out and "be" with Chad when we are both home at the same time, which is getting more and more rare. He will probably be working with a summer swim team for the second summer so it will get even MORE rare and I am trying to stockpile time with him.

Yesterday was fairly uneventful. Other than a pretty crappy afternoon at work (I have decided that is possible that other people can be the cause of migraine headaches), it wasn't too bad. Poor A, she knows exactly what I mean. Chad met me after work and we went a couple places for me to try on some hiking boots (oh so cute...I mean, practical. Right. I was looking for practical, not cute....which is a good thing because cute? Hiking boots are not.) I should have bought them 3 months ago when I agreed to go on this hiking trip that starts in two weeks but never got around. Now I am going to have to wear them every day to break them in before I leave. I will be gone a full week, but only hiking for about 5 days of it so it should be bearable. I will just miss Chad far too much...and not be able to call except in the dark, at night, maybe, if I can sneak away and I get service in the woods. That is a lot of maybes.

We filed our taxes yesterday. Finally. We've been trying to do it for about a month and a half and not been able to get all our information together and brains together at the same time. Hurrah. We will be getting money back. Not a ton but hey, we don't owe any so that is great!

Danielle comes back from Guatemala tomorrow...please say an extra prayer for safety while they are travelling. Good rest. No lost luggage. Fond memories. And happy goodbyes. Can't wait to talk to her and find out about her trip!

Gotta go get some work done in the kitchen and then go join the YMCA!

0 comments: