The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, April 13, 2009

deadlines, schmedlines.

Chad and I have been trying for about a month to submit our taxes. It is always a little more complicated being that it is our first year filing together and I lived in GA part of the year so I am still technically supposed to file GA taxes (FYI: TN does not have income taxes, their sales tax is just higher in most places to make up for it.) All this time, we were either missing a form or missing a W-2 or had strange income to report on weird lines so we finally submitted about two weeks ago online.
Rejected.
E-filing uses your previous years AGI (adjusted gross income) as a submitting/security feature and apparently ours were wrong.
Call IRS.
Get correct AGIs.
Resubmit.
Rejected.
Call IRS.
Discover that they have no record of me having filed federal taxes last year (when I swear I got a return too!) so I have no AGI for 2007 (I hear that I am not the only one who submitted on TurboTax and the IRS has no record of it...hmm....good thing they owed me money or I would be in trouble!).
Enter AGI for 2006 (it says "prior year's AGI" and the woman at the IRS said it would work.)
Resubmit.
Rejected. Again.
REsubmit without entering an AGI for me, just Chad's...waiting to see if rejection is to come. Sorta pushing our luck here huh?

0 comments: