The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, May 11, 2009

week long

We got home from Boone this morning about 1AM. Chad's sister graduated at 4 yesterday and we hung out a bit before hitting the road and coming home. I was no fun in the car as usual and managed to sleep pretty much the entire way between Knoxville and the Nooga. Meg can proudly say she is an App State Alumni and now she has to find a job...ha! That is the sad part! I think she is actually moving in with us this summer...moving back to Chattanooga to just work a bit before making life plans. It should be interesting having her live with us...we have plenty of space but our plenty of space might seem a bit smaller with a full time room mate. I really like her...and I am thankful that we get along so swimmingly well (I've heard horror stories of in-laws/sister-in-laws that didn't get along as well!). Chad might hate it that we will probably do a bit more shopping than I do now! I guess it will all work out because we will all be working so much that we probably won't get to hang out as much as we would like.

I am plan-less this week. Chad has to teach a lifeguard class pretty much every night and on into this weekend so I will have to entertain myself at night. It shouldn't be too hard considering the fact that I only open at HL today and tomorrow so I will be working Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night.

My best friend's great-grandmother died this morning and while I desperately want to go down for the funeral, I am not going to be able to go. It is by choice, as weird as that sounds. I am going to be off work this weekend and sorta planned on heading down to Columbus anyway so I talked to her about it and decided that I should just come down when I planned on coming so we can actually hang out. She will be surrounded by people who love her so she will be taken care of and then we can spend some quality time doing nothing (and eating at Ok Sun's!) this weekend! Please keep her and her family in your prayers...her grandmother's death wasn't exactly sudden but it was fairly quick....Not that you are ever prepared or ready for someone you love to be gone...pray that they will be comforted by their memories and laughter and good times and stories and knowing that she is in Heaven - dancing, singing, laughing, and sitting in the beauty of our Creator.

My plan for tonight is to clean off the kitchen counter....pay a couple of bills (I love to write checks....not to much on the giving out money part but love writing checks!) and get some dinner ready for when Chad comes home. Suggestions? Help!

0 comments: