The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

lovely days

It has been such a lovely weekend (even with the days of drenching rain we have been experiencing but you all know how I feel about rain when it keeps my sweetie home...ah...yes...rain. Beautiful rain!). I was off Saturday and Sunday (which should happen every other weekend, depending on how it falls. (who wants to come visit?!?) and Chad and I got to spend some fabulous quality time together. He had some stuff he had to do yesterday morning so I stayed home, slept in (I didn't tell him about that part...he would have been too jealous!), and then did some work in our bedroom. Jay came up Wednesday night and left yesterday morning with a U-Haul full off furniture, two rather large pieces from our bedroom. I was a little bummed to see it go...mostly because I had gotten used to it looking the way it does and I am not a huge fan of change! But, we will move some stuff around and we are getting this really cool chaise (?sp) lounge chair recovered in a neutral color (maybe linen?!?) to put in our room, creating a little reading nook. I am excited about that part. I will show you some pictures of our now empty room and them some afters when we get more work done on it. I am a firm believer in your bedroom being a sanctuary, a calm, comfortable place to just hang out so that is what we are going for.

Chad and I watched all three X-Men movies today. Yes, all three...with plans to see the new one this weekend. I am pretty excited. Mostly because of Hugh Jackman. Need I say more?

I also moved a huge mirror off the dining room wall (this place has more mirrors than a hair salon) and put a cool big painting that my mom did in its place. It is currently just sitting on a table, leaning against the wall and I actually thing I am going to leave it that way. Keeps me from having to put new hangers/holes in the wall (it's a heavy canvas piece) and I sorta like the funky way it is just leaning.

That's all for now folks...just finished dinner and gonna spend the rest of my evening just enjoying time with my sweetie.

0 comments: