The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

oh yeah!

When I got home from work last night about 9pm, it was so cold in our downstairs that you could have hung meat in here (atleast, that is what my mom would call it.). The air conditioner is fixed! Apparently it was a pretty easy fix and he charged more for time and labor than anything else. I think Chad said something about the fan was stuck? The repairman basically took it all apart, cleaned everything, lubricated all the moving parts, and ta da....it was fixed! Woohoo...wonderful coolness.
I am super excited about this weekend for a number of reasons.
1. Today is the last day I have to work at the HobLob for the rest of the week
2. And this should be numero uno...Jess is coming to see me! She should be here sometime after I get off work tonight at 5:30 and we are going to eat at Chattanooga's version of Hibachi Express, called Tokyo Express or something like that. It is fabuloso.
3. I am going to have some time to clean up some of my projects and start on some new ones. I am going to see if I can make a simple dress without help from my mom. But I will probably end up calling her six times to figure it out. Speaking of my mom, say a little prayer for her when you think about it. She is working at the Girl Scout camp near Columbus for the next four weeks; this is the same camp that I spent the past two summers sweltering at and loved every minute of it. I tried to figure out some way that I could take 5 weeks off of work to go back and work again but it just wasn't possible (or a reasonable adult decision!). She is the crafts director but she is also going to be the bus chaperone for the day campers. This means a couple of good things for her...she gets to go home every night, sleep in her own bed, check on dad, and do things at home before she has to be back to ride the bus back to camp the next morning. I hope she loves it! It is exhausting but a ton of fun!

My Lucky Charms are getting soggy (I know...healthy right?) so I gotta go and get ready for work.
Later folks!

0 comments: