The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

driving

I don't mind driving...I like it really, even driving alone. The scenery, the loud music (I mean, I don't listen to my music too loud or drive with the windows down and sing at the top of my lungs. No Chad, that's not me you saw doing that!), the time to just think. I have gotten really spoiled since getting married about always having someone in the car with me on roads trips but they past two times I have been to Columbus, I have come by myself. The first was for my hiking trip and this weekend has just been a hang out weekend with my family and best friends. I got to see Danielle yesterday which was a surprise and she picked up her wedding dress which I also got to see.... Gorgeous! I can not wait to see it on her...she is going to be such a wonderful, happy, beautiful bride! So far she has been great...calm, not-stressed (much to her mother's concern who would like her to be a little more stressed!) and really easy-going. It should be a fun and beautiful wedding (especially because my mom is helping with her flowers...go mom!!).

Right...driving...so I left the Nooga early Saturday morning, stopped in Atl to see my sister, made a pit stop at Urban Outfitters and bought a Christmas present for Chad (yep...I am gonna Christmas shop all year this year so it doesn't seem like so much money and do a mix of handmade and bought...though trying to do "bought handmade" again and working so far!). I've bought a gift for my sister too but now that she knows I have it I am not sure she will be able to hold out till Christmas (she hates surprises!).
Got to Columbus about lunch time, did lunch with Mom at Ok Sun's (a tradition...I must eat there while I am in town!)...went to Hobby Lobby (no lie.) and saw Emily, yes, my friend who lives in Chattanooga and shops at my HobLob. We both laughed alot because it was sorta funny to be back in Columbus and see each other there. She is getting ready to go on a cruise with her family for a graduation celebration and I am so jealous...
Went to church this morning and Pastor K talked about marriage and it was fabulous. I told mom to get me the CD next week and mail it to me so Chad and I could listen to it together. Such a sweet reminder that marriage is not designed by God to solve human lonliness or to "make me happy". It is to give us an earthly picture of the relationship between God and his Church/children. It is to teach us to love another person how God loves us, which takes a lifetime.
Driving home this afternoon after a little pause at home to pack stuff up, eat lunch with the fam, and for a little surprise before hitting the road.
More later.

1 comments:

Emily Geyer said...

SO great to see you in a different Hobby Lobby! hahaha! I'm serious about needing to hang out OUTSIDE of a craft store in the near future!