The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

healthier

I am trying to be healthier and in doing so, lose a little weight, just as an added bonus. I want to be able to keep up in any activity I choose - go hiking when I want, bike a little, maybe even build some upper body strength and do a little rock climbing that I haven't done in a while. On that note, dinner tonight will be turkey burgers (less fat, same flavor...woohoo!) and corn on the cob (can I get a cheer for fiber that passes right through?). Both foods I love but are a still pretty decent to the waistline.

I cleaned the kitchen up last night and scrubbed our bathroom....oh do I mean it! Got nearly un-clothed and on my knees in the shower. The white tiles take some scrubbing to keep clean and I am trying to do the natural route and just used baking soda and salt for the scrubbing/cleansing. It actually worked really well. I made a paste and just scrubbed and scrubbed...cleaned the tiles and the shower glass really well. It probably hasn't been that clean since we moved into this house! I also made some jewelry last night...my foray (?sp) into rings. I bought some sterling wire and made a couple of rings after going all over the house putting my known-size-7 ring on every round thing I could find until I matched the size. A highlighter became my dowel for making a ring that I knew would fit my finger! I also bought some stuff today to make earrings and a couple more rings...on a search for a cool center bead for the rings...something fairly good sized and with facets? Any suggestions?

I have been thinking about making some stuff and selling it on Etsy.com...purses and jewelry mostly and really just enough to pay for my materials to keep up the habit. It gets expensive even with my discount at the HobLob (just ask my husband!). Would you buy my stuff? I might could get into some custom orders but would probably just stick to pre-made stuff. Taking orders that have to get made and mailed by a certain day makes me a little nervous. I never know how much time I am going to have and this way I can just sit down and make stuff when I have a chance/few minutes. I will post pictures of the jewelry so you tell me what you think!

1 comments:

Francina said...

I want one of everything right now.