The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

oh my big plans

Remember that post about having a three day weekend next weekend and wanting to do something fun and different that just hanging out at home? It was great. I came home, researched some stuff for us to do, called Dad B and Mom S and asked if they could dog-sit our dear Gwendolen and did everything except make reservations where we were gonna go. I knew Chad had to work Friday so I was just planning a Saturday/Sunday gig but I wanted to make sure that he was up for it...so when I saw him Thursday night and ate dinner with his lifeguard kids I just causally asked what he wanted to do next weekend. His answer? I am taking that WSI (an advanced lifeguarding thing basically) class all day Saturday and Sunday.
Crap.
Bummer.
Suckity-McSuckSuck.
So seriously? Who is coming to entertain me for three days?
I was a little vague about it - I know- because I think I will just save it for another weekend. It is an easy Saturday/Sunday drive and recreation so I can do it another weekend that I am off Saturday, but that planning day Friday would have been perfect to get stuff ready and pack the car.
My dream? To have unending money and time to do what we really WANT to do, not have to do.
Seriously? No.
I like to work for my money.
Makes me feel like what I do is valuable.
I wouldn't trade that.
But, having a little more money and a little more free time would be nice.

As for today, I have to close at the HobLob so we are gonna go run some errands this morning -Lowe's, recycling place, etc - and then I have to go to work. Chad's friend, AR, from Knoxville, is coming in this afternoon some time and spending the night with us to hang out. SHE will be staying in the end bedroom that is still quite trashed from Mom S' clean-out session so I told Chad he needed to just warn her and deal with it.

I shaved off the tip of my right pointer finger in the shower yesterday morning so typing is a little hard...it is pretty sore. I was a little tempted to leave all the mistakes in this blog so you could see how much trouble my poor little finger is having but you would have laughed at my typing skills. So no.

0 comments: