The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

and then

Long day at work today but it wasn't so bad. I opened so I got up and went to the gym with A before and then went to work.
Chad's mom came over today while we were both at work and started cleaning out the closets in the bedroom that Megan is gonna live in this summer (did I mention that my sister-in-law will be living with us all summer?). Thank you, thank you, thank you for starting that project. Again, I would love to do it and git rid (intentional!) of a ton of stuff in this fabulous space that we live in but it isn't my place to do so...I just gotta wait for her to have time. Admittedly, she did leave the piles of stuff all over but Chad called and said she told him which piles go where (donation/trash/storage) so we can deal with that ASAP. Woohoo! I love to have space and I am thankful she is cleaning out...what a blessing.
Wanna know blessing number 2? My boss usually posts the following week's schedule on Thursdays so I looked at the schedule when I got to work at 1 today and completely freaked out. I was cut down to four days next week. I was super confused and a little nervous that it was serious cut back but I asked around and made a discovery...since I am full time now, I get paid holidays and Memorial Day is one of those! Now I still have to work on Monday so since I work on Monday, I get another paid day off that week. Seriously? Way too cool.
I am a real adult. I get paid holidays. Oh My Gosh.
So I get a three day weekend next weekend...I'm off Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Who's coming to visit?

I am headed off tonight to meet Chad after his lifeguarding class to eat dinner WITH his lifeguarding class...whatever. Who knows...

This is what is going on in my backyard right now.

This is what is happening on my couch right now.

And I smashed my finger getting the memory card out of the camera to post those pictures so I am done for tonight.

2 comments:

BParrish said...

So do you start yours with ginger or something else to start the fermentation process? I've been watching the Herb Mentor video "how-to's" to get started.

If I get really good at this, maybe I'll get you and Francina to teach me how to brew beer. I don't drink it but Tom has finally decided he likes Corona with lime.

PSIrwin said...

lol...
I don't really know how the soda is started. I've only watched/participated in the beer brewing process. I can ask Chad but I know that we bottle it in 2 liter plastic bottles because if you bottle it in glass the bottles might explode.