The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

to stay

Things are going well at the house...transitions between sitters seem to be smooth with the exception that Gwendolen thinks she needs to announce their arrival and departures with much barking and jumping about...we do what we can around here.

My mom updated me on my Mema (my grandmother) today and I hope she doesn't mind me sharing so here goes...the place she has been living is an assisted living place and nursing home but they feel like she is at the point where they can't give her the constant care she requires. There is a place next door to where she has been living the past few years that has been recommended to my mom as a possible location to move her to so mom might be moving her in the near future. She is eating very little, refusing to really open her mouth to take needed (really though?) medication, etc. We all know that dehydration is a much more pressing risk so they are trying to get her to drink as well but you can't really force it if she refuses....
the only blessing in all of this is that Chad and I are basically going through the same thing together, able to understand what the other is feeling even better, sadly but thankfully.

Haven't given any thought to new year's resolutions until I was running around town today, looking for comfortable shoes, and headed to work...
I resolve to be happier.
I resolve to be comfortable in my own skin.
I resolve to love my God more fully and out of that, love my husband more fully.
I resolve to call my mother more often.
I resolve to be kind to more people.
I resolve to be honest in my feelings and conversations, even when I would rather hide my true emotions.
I resolve to eat healthier and take better care of my body.
I resolve to be content in the place I am in, looking back only to be thankful and looking forward only to anticipate good things.
I resolve to complain less, thank more.
I resolve to do the dishes more often.
I resolve to look at every day as an opportunity to use my talents, regardless of circumstance.
I resolve to write more letters.
I resolve to take more pictures and see beauty all around me.

0 comments: