The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, January 5, 2009

but good people

So tonight I was at the grocery store, on the way home from work (after going to the mall looking for comfy shoes and Home Depot to buy an air filter) because we needed milk, cereal, oatmeal, etc. I walked in the door and there were no little baskets and I forgot my cute one at home so I thought...hey, I'm not buying that many things, I will just carry it. One box of cereal, two boxes of oatmeal, one box of grits, a half gallon of chocolate milk (Chad always kisses me when I walk in with it so I was insuring I would get some lovin'...wait, did I say that outloud?), and a gallon of regular milk...juggling down the aisle....I dropped the oatmeal...drum roll please...a nice, fabulous gentleman picked it up and instead of just piling it up back in my arms, he refused to give it back to me! He carried it all the way up to the register and gave it to the check out lady.
There are still good people in the world.

Looooong day at work. I am terribly tired and my body hurts today, especially my feet.
Chad feels better but tired. He had a long day at work, working in the woods, cutting down trees, working out his illness.

Update on the move: They are moving the bed in our guest room (now becoming Grandmother's room again, since it was her's to begin with) out to the storage unit tonight and moving in the hospital bed tomorrow afternoon. She might be in by this weekend.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

look at PRIVO shoes... amazingly comfotably. a lil pricey but WELL WORTH IT!! and i have TERRRRIBLE foot problems!!

ozob said...

also... have you tried wearing your crocs to work???? i also have terrible feet... wonder if that is where the daughter gets it from????i tried the privo's as well, per danimac's suggestion, but when i tried them on in the store they were way too tight!!! we macminn women can sympathize with anyone when it comes to hurting feet...