The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

doing ok...

Everyone is doing ok...thank you for all the calls, notes, comments, prayers, and love felt through the planes of the universe. You are all wonderful. My heart is a bit heavy but having others to help me carry the burden makes me feel light. I can not explain why God chose to take both of our wonderful grandmothers from us on the same day but I still know He has a plan and a purpose for it all. Now we are left with our memories. For me, thoughts of ice cream sandwiches in south GA, laundry hanging on the line, her hugs, her sense of humor, and her bright red Keds tennis shoes will get me through the next few days. For Chad, remembering her sense of style, her willingness to be silly, her strong head and strong heart, bee stings, and school detentions because of Grandma will be the smiles he will need.

Phil. 1:3 - "Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God."

Tonight I will get to see and hang out with some good friends and go watch my best friend, Jessica's, play here in Columbus so I am glad that worked out so well. She is fabulous and I can't wait to see her! Hopefully I will get to go with a couple of other girl friends so we will make it a night. Chad says "No thank you." to seeing a play so he will just have to entertain himself otherwise.

We will all be caravanning (word?) back down to Quitman tomorrow morning after church...mom and dad=1 car, chad and I = 2nd car, Sis=third car, roomate Frannie = 4th car, and maybe Jessica = 5th car. Yeah, crazy. I just hope we can get a few minutes head start to dad because he tends to um..drive the speed limit (or just thereunder). Funeral is Monday afternoon at 1pm then back to Chattanooga on Monday night (it will probably be a 7 or 8 hour drive for us from south GA all the way up interstate 75 to The Nooga...ugh). No internet there so might not be hearing from me for a few days. Please keep us in your constant prayers.

3 comments:

BParrish said...

Where is the funeral in Quitman? 1 PM you said. I have one mom who may be close to delivery and an appt that afternoon I can probably reschedule, but I want to try to be there if I can.

PSIrwin said...

The funeral is at Oak Hill Cemetery, graveside, at 1pm. I am sure mom would love for you to make it if you can and we would understand if your mom decided to have a baby and you had to leave! :)

BParrish said...

Well, best laid plans. My mom did decide to have a baby except it looks like it will be born at the hospital. I was there all night long and all day but we transported for exhaustion and lack of progress. I'm so sorry I missed the service.