The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Friday, January 30, 2009

sorry, not exciting

Yep, that fabulous, fateful, funny (ok, not) 100th post. There, I mentioned it, and it won't be any different than the last 99...lame-o that I am.

While my pants are de-wrinkling in the dryer (no, I don't iron) and yes, on low so they don't shrink and are too short (a major problem in my life)...I thought I would update my loyal readers on life. (hello? Are you out there?...oh well, I will write anyway.)

I am researching dog classes for that wonderful little creature that lives with us. She doesn't know it yet but she is about to get one heck of a training schedule. I am a little tired of misbehaving and trying to establish her dominance in MY house. I'm top dog around here missy and I don't have to take it anymore. Classes are a long time coming...we had her booked in training classes but the vet thought she was pregnant so we took her out, just in case. We didn't want to pay for classes then miss half of them, that would have been silly. Turns out, not pregnant (Thank you God for not sending me any more Gwendolen's.) and we just never rescheduled. There is a place pretty close to our house that is a doggie day care, boarding place, and training place so I am going to see how their prices compare to PetSmarts, our original plan.

I am looking forward to this weekend. I have Saturday, Sunday and Monday off, though Monday is because that is when the funeral is. My mom is coming to town Sunday afternoon and I have about a thousand projects to get done between now and then. Please, let me share with you, a run down of our To Do List for this weekend...
Today alone:
1. Take new voters registrations forms to the County Election Commission (very important task!)
2. Buy sisters birthday present (hopefully...this might have to wait till Saturday seeing as how I am in my bathrode, wet hair, not dressed, and bloggin' instead of getting ready for work).
3. Go to the Hobster Lobster.

The rest of the weekend:
1. Clean out the pantry (no mercy this time!)
2. Clean out the fridge (no the Christmas stuff isn't still in there but close...)
3. Clean up our bedroom (this means putting away abot 4 loads of clean laundry, vaccuming, changing sheets, etc)
4. Clean all FOUR bathrooms (floors too!)
5. Vaccum hard and soft floors in ENTIRE house
6. Clean out kitchen cabinets and pack away un-needed things (like the 20 extra coffee mugs, or 40 extra wine/martini glasses or 5 sets of plates or 3 of the same pot...you know, the usual)
7. Put up cool tree art that I got at Ikea weeks ago
8. Clean up closet floor (this also means two more loads of laundry...so make that put away....six loads of clean laundry)
9. Put up cool, retro, funky fan art (Idea stolen from NieNie , though I don't have nearly as many yet!)
10. Put away strange pile of...what is that stuff?....on the dryer....more clean clothes I think.
11. Clean hardwood floors (this means going to Lowes and getting some special cleaning stuff that won't hurt the wood but still cleans...Bruce's something-or-other).

SO...that is all I could think of at the moment. I am sure I will add more but for now...I must go dry my hair (so it doesn't freeze when I walk outside...THAT would be embarrasing) and get ready to run errands and go to work.

Oh, and seriously, pictures are coming. Really. Someday. When I get my life back together.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

good gracious that is one hefty to do list. good luck with that. love you dearly and love reading. :)

BParrish said...

Have you ever watched much of the Dog Whisperer? I have a whole season on DVD. He's my doggie hero.