The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

power struggle

Between me and the dog, apparently.
She only chooses to search out, locate, and destroy things that belong to me.
Not that boy, who loves her so..oh no, she could never destroy something that HE holds dear.
I was in a very fragile mood last night.
Feet hurting so bad I could cry.
Sink full of dishes.
Bedroom a mess from too much travelling, not enough folding and putting away laundry.
That DOG went into the suitcase and got out my jewelry travel case and proceeded to take things out of it and chew on them...like my Opal ring I got when I turned 16 from my parents, or the pearl earrings I wore in my wedding.
I dislike her.
We picked up everything off the floor (not a safe place anyway, I know) and shut the suitcase. Some time after we went to bed last night, she got out my favorite (did I say favorite? I meant ONLY) brown belt, which just happens to have been my grandfathers ( I know, sentimental and strange but it fits perfectly!) and completely chewed up the end. Oh boy, does she love leather. Chad's response? You shouldn't have left it on the floor. OH DEAR...I did not, in fact, leave it on the floor. She got it OUT of the suitcase. Along with my favorite white sweater. And some socks.

And then the barking. Dear me, the barking.
She is normally OK with a few barks and then she is done. Not this morning.
This morning she wanted to announce the arrival of the sun with a symphony of loudness.
She is firmly on my bad side.

Emily, should have gone with the camera...

(Update: Was going to show you a picture of the destroyed belt but having problems getting my computer to load pictures so maybe tonight. After I get home and put away laundry. After I go to the grocery store. After I get off work. After I make dinner. Actually...you might not get those pictures AFTER all...)

3 comments:

Emily Geyer said...

yeah... motivation to continue to keep our 7 1/2 week old puppy in his crate unless we are physically looking at him and preventing him from ruining things. check in with us when he's like 4 years old and make sure we're trusting him a little more.

jlindsey said...

I know you don't want to hear this...but when you start wanting kids...remember this incident & then mulitply it by oh - let's say 10,000 & then rethink the whole kid thing...

Yours truly, the jaded mother of two "thank God" they're beautiful childern!

Anonymous said...

BAD DOG.