The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

are coming today

Today's the big day...Grandmother is moving back in to her room, in her house, with us, the newlyweds. Since people have asked, I will give my honest opinion about how I feel about it...I have acknowledged that it will be a bit stressful and frustrating at times but when it comes down to it, if she were my flesh and blood (and I love her like she is), I would want it for my grandmother. I could not deny something that I would gladly give my own. So, the bed came yesterday and Grandmother is arriving with one of her sitters by ambulance sometime today while I am at work. Chad's sister, Megan, spent the night with us last night to hang out a bit more before she leaves to go to back to school in a couple of days and so she can get an early start on cleaning and organizing a bit more. We are turning our fourth bedroom (the smallest) that was used as an "office" (that has become a storage room since we moved in) into a little sitting room for the sitters (haha...) so she is going to try to finish that up today before they get here. Pray that we will all be a little more understanding, a little more patient, a little more loving in the days to come.

On a lighter, and much more exciting note, I am going to Atlanta on Saturday to meet three of my best friends on the entire planet for a day and night of Girl Talk Extravaganza. Jenna, Beth, Jess, and I are all converging on the big city to hang out and I could not be more excited to spend some time with the ladies that have kept me together all these years. I haven't seen Jenna since our reception in October and I haven't seen Beth since before we got married so I am about to explode with anticipation.

I closed at HL last night and I have to open this morning, repeating that pattern for Thursday and Friday (somehow I think it isn't cool that the people who left last on one night have to be the first ones there the following morning but whatever...I don't make the schedule obviously!). I have to work Sunday (I know...horror of horrors) because all the full-time employees have to work to do our "pre-inventory" counting stuff. So, I will get to hang out with the gals, spend the night, and then get up at the crack of dawn to get back to HL Sunday morning...all worth it though.

My grandmother seems to be eating better but an update on that soon...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to come see your sister too?