The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I married a wonderful man.

I know, I know, this isn't a "worship Chad" blog. But today, again, just a little more.
I had a good day at work, we were crazy busy and it makes me dread Friday and Saturday a LOT. But I came home with a headache. That got worse. And worse. And worse.
And tonight, I took some Tylenol and laid on the bed for a while.
And my headache got worse. So bad I thought I might be sick.
In the middle of all this, some of our Turkey Day company arrived and brought their dog with them.
Not good.
Really, really not good.
Stella (the dog about 8 times Gwen's size) and Gwen are not friends.
Not even sorta friends.
Not even acquaintances.
Matter of fact, I would go as far to say enemies.
So Gwen barked. And barked.
And then barked some more.
And I laid on the bathroom floor, shivering, under towels, praying that Chad would come.
And he did.
And he laid beside me, with his hand on my face. Loving me in my tears and headache.
And made me hot tea.
And brought me a blanket.
And provided light with his headlamp because it has a red light which is (beautifully) not painful to the eyes when a person honestly believes that a drill to the brain would be helpful.
And now he is cleaning up the kitchen (with a little help...if only those dishes were a little quieter)

And yes, my head still hurts.
What did he say? "As soon as you get insurance, you're seeing someone about this. It should have been done a long time ago." Always practical that man.

He found the ONE THING I wanted for Christmas, cheap, on Amazon tonight and tried to buy it but someone beat him to it by just a few minutes. Bummer. We'll keep trying....

Chad and Jay are running a 5k in the morning and his sister, Megan, and I are walking a 3 miler...fund raiser. Its called the Turkey Trot.

1 comments:

BParrish said...

I'm sorry! I kind of guess from your 'insurance' comment that maybe migraines are a semi-frequent occurrence?