The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, November 24, 2008

And then one day...

Reporting in...

I work every day this week but Thanksgiving but I also get paid for working all those days so in truth, there are few complaints (other than tired feet at the end of the day).
This week is going to be a little crazy. We have a lot to do here at the house before Thursday because we're hosting the Wilkinson/Irwin family Turkey Day of 2008.

My list:
-clean up the kitchen (oh, and I mean it this time...spotless baby. and yes, dear, this includes the desk area that we can no longer see because of all the....lovely things....that have been "stored" on it for the past two months. its time.)
-clean up the living room and VACCUM all the (insert your favorite curse word here) dog hair that our perfect pooch (big lie...did I actually type perfect? I meant...oh yes, Chad might actually read my blog one day....) leaves on the couch and dark colored rug.
-decorate the table (this part I am actually looking forward to). I might even go ahead and do it with plates and everything to take some pictures and let you guys see. It won't be that great but I did get everything for the center on sale at HL. The placemats were wedding gifts (of my choosing) and the plates..well, they were Aunt Mary's. I will reveal those fabulous things later...(the color is a clue)
-do some laundry so we can put clean sheet on the "guest" bed.
- clean bathrooms (ALL OF THEM...yes, 4 toilets. ugh).
-oh did I mention I am in charge of the green beans too? (I did claim the easy job since we are hosting at our house)

Mainly just cleaning and organizing so people don't think we're bonkers (or dirty people!!)
So, a little shout out today...I was at work today, training a new guy (I am NOT qualified for that!!) and I was running some returns to their proper location and I hear a "Hey Paula!". Now that isn't that odd because I DO wear a nametag and total strangers call me by my name all day and it ALWAYS takes me by surprise but today was different. A friendly face. I mean, most people are friendly and have faces but to see someone you already knew from HOME...that was icing on the cake. I realize that in my past jobs, I was constantly seeing people I already knew...friends would come by for a visit, repeat customers became friends, etc but I a)haven't worked at HL long enough for that and b) don't know that many people here in The Nooga (I only call it that because Chad hates it...no, I don't actually call it that in real life) so seeing someone I know is super rare. I seriously almost cried. And then, to ice the cake with cream cheese icing ('cause that's my favorite), she told me she read my blog so she thought I might be there.
Shut up (I mean that in the GOOD way Mom.)
Someone else reads my blog.
So Emily (hope its ok I used your name...I didn't use your last name so your still safe!), you made my day.
Finally, The Nooga is starting to feel a little more like home.
I will try to put pics in more blogs. I know you folks at home want to see pics. We are taking some for S & B's Christmas cards on Thursday so maybe I will share one or two of those (that was one of S' requests. All she wants for Christmas is new socks, her two front teeth *kidding* and a family picture for her cards where we are all behaving. Good luck.)

For now, THIS (See below, I haven't figured out how to make text a link yet, sorry techie friends) is all I want for Christmas (ok, it is one of three things on a very short list but it is so expensive I am second guessing my decision. Chad is gonna see if he can just get EVERYONE who might get me a gift to just help out with it. And I would be totally ok with that.)


4 comments:

BParrish said...

Can't tell from the pic which model it is, but I just got myself the Rebel XS and I love it. I've wanted one for a very long time and finally just decided to bite the bullet and get it. Now I just have to learn how to use it to its full potential.

Sara said...

get it at costco! I got the Nikon D40 at Costco. came with two lenses, a bag, DVDs, an SD card, and 50 free prints at costco. They also have the Canon in a same/similar set up :)
much much much cheaper there than buying everything somewhere else!

:)

Emily Geyer said...

Dude. Of COURSE you can say my name! I'm so glad I made your day- and that you're in Chatty ('nooga)! When life settles down (post Thanksgiving), let's hang out. And I mean that.

PS- I blog too :)

Anonymous said...

But don't you have a nice color-coordinated toilet brush for every bathroom?