The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

and a job.

I need a job.
Seriously.
Bad.
Being at home all the time drives me a little batty.
I've been applying but to no avail.

And then finally, a breakthrough.
An interview. This morning.
At what is possibly my favorite store in town.
So I went. Talked to the store manager, M, who I thought was really cool, very relaxed, and I think I would really like to work for him.
And guess what...I am gonna get that chance!
I got an offer at HOBBY LOBBY and decided to accept it. Woohoo.
I know it isn't my dream job where my degree is concerned but it is a really awesome Christian organization and I LOVE to shop there (my paycheck will probably reflect that!) and it is something to do that gets me out of the house, meeting people.
It is a part-time, seasonal gig but the manager said that most people stick around after the holidays so that sounded good to me.
Finally...I am super-duper excited.

On another note...I was watching TLC while taking a break at the house to eat lunch and our cable is apparently messed up. It keeps freezing and flickering and is driving me crazy...it would be ok if John and Kate Plus 8 wasn't on but this is just NOT cool...the cable company might be getting a call from me today (from the driveway where I have to make all my phone calls so I get service!).