The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Friday, November 28, 2008

because he offers to...

offered to pluck my eyebrows.
Seriously.
And I think I will let him.
Thanksgiving was crazy.
There were a lot of people here.
Chad and I, Megan, Uncle Jay, his friend Elaine,
Dad B and Mom S, our neighbor Snickey (yep, that's her name),
and Grandmother (yippee...she got to come home for Thanksgiving).
(I have a couple of larger art projects that will go on walls that I have been putting off because I didn't want Grandmother to come in and think we had done so much stuff that it didn't feel like "home" to her because she kept talking about wanting to go "home" for Thanksgiving. So, I tried to leave it looking like home as much as possible, as long as possible.)
We ate too much, laughed a lot, ate some more, and just enjoyed each others company.


It was nice to have everyone over but I did miss my family quite a bit.
I called my parents house Wednesday night and my sister answered the phone and it made me a little sad that she was going to get to spend Thanksgiving with my parents and I wasn't going to...but we WILL be there for Christmas. Chad and I have already talked about it so...
Mark My Words.

We goofed off a lot. Gwen slept off her one bite of turkey (though earlier she stole a whole block of cheese of the coffee table and took us on a wild goose chase to get it back before she made herself quite ill).


I had to work at 8AM today. It wasn't NEARLY as bad as it could have been. Customers were reporting that they had to wait in line like an hour and a half at other places just to check out.
Way to go Hobby Lobby for a quick check out...woohoo!

I am finally back at home and what did I find...a messy kitchen.
Chad did most of the dishes last night (I am so thankful!)
but since I was the only one who had to work today and every one else got to choose what they did all day I had hoped that I would come home to a clean kitchen.
No such luck. Its ok...I will just clean it and be thankful again.
Off to find Chad and have nice eyebrows.

0 comments: