The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I realized

I think I am a boring blogger because I don't particularlly have anything interesting to talk about but then I guess most bloggers just talk about their lives and that's what is all about (sorta like the Hokey Pokey...Sis.) I will do my best here folks.
Tonight going to dinner with Chad, Jay, and a family friend K.
Chad and I have been doing so good eating at home and not eating out but I guess it is ok since we are eating with people we like to hang out with (and sometimes they pay and THAT is wonderful for my wallet though not my waistline). I guess I will forgo the eating healthy this week and just focus on being thankful and being with the people I am thankful for. Admittedly, I am pretty bummed out about not being with my family on Thanksgiving.
It will be the first that I spend with my Chad's family and not my own but I am still thankful.
I miss my Papa more on holidays that we spent at their house. But I am still thankful for the family I have.
I miss my parents every day but I am still thankful for my new family and for Chad...oh so thankful for Chad. Thankful that he never leaves without kissing me in the morning. Thankful that he keeps up with the bills. Thankful that he is responsible and caring. Thankful that he loves me even when I screw up, or cry, or don't do the dishes (I am sadly, not thankful for dirty dishes), or the laundry, or don't feel like making dinner. Oh so thankful.
and even more for the way he just walked through the kitchen singing..."two turntables and a microphone...two turn tables and a microphone..." (I guess you have to know him).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get it that song is by "Beck". Chad must be the bomb diggity. He sounds awesome. So how long have you had him around,like 4-ever?

DAD 'B' said...

I am glad you are here in Nooga for the Holiday, and gratful you and "that dog and his boy" have invited all us'ns to your place for the big feast. Love Ya.
Dad 'B'

PSIrwin said...

I've had him around for a little over four years now. He's wonderful. Even if he sings snippets of Beck songs, randomly, throughout the day.