The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

So today is...

Today is Sunday. My only day off for the next week but one of the true benefits of working at HL.
My first two days at work went something like this...
-turn in important papers to boss
-watch required safety videos for about an hour
-watch another cashier do her thing, trying to keep up with her lightning fast fingers, for about an hour
-watch with shock as my other boss asks me if I am ready to be on my own register...um, is "I am not sure I will ever be ready" an appropriate answer?
-watch with horror as they set up my register...
-spend the next two days on my own register, literally making up answers or items as necessary (admittedly, one of my other extremely nice bosses...yes, I have a lot of them...came over and watched me for a while and praised how quickly I caught on and how well I was doing. I nearly cried cause I was so stressed about her watching me!!)

Its more complicated than it looks...I know you don't think so when you shop there but be appreciative next time you go shopping for your craft supplies!

So today I get to hang out with Chad, Jay and Gwen (or maybe just spend the whole day cleaning up her curse-word-dog-hair that is everywhere). The vet says that he thinks her excessive shedding is probably due to a hormone swing, post-surgery and gave us some nutritional food additive to help but SERIOUSLY...its driving me insane.
I am working on a couple of art projects around the house and hopefully some of those will get finished or alteast almost finished today because I have to work every other day this week (well, Monday through Thursday, all day) and then I am headed to Columbus for a FUN Girl Scout overnight and hanging out with Mom, dad, Jess, etc...woohoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to stop and see me when you pass through ATL? Will you bring a tree?

Danielle said...

awwwwww
i wish i was anywhere close to ctown... or the other ctown to hang out.

i miss you.


LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

You really should let your REAL job get in the way of your BLOGGING, or anything like that. Really.