The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

until I'm done

Its a big week for me at Hobby Lobby...I am training for what will be my new position (surprised anyone? kidding). One of the front end supervisors moved on to a job that will eventually be better for her as she finishes college so there was an opening and the store manager asked me if I would like it. It does mean that I am offically full time as of tomorrow (but yes, it comes with benefits after 90 days) and yes, I will have to close the store more often but I might get some Saturday's off and hopefully get to see Chad at night a little more. My new job basically puts me in charge of all the cashiers at the front of the store and the first in line when someone has a complaint to lodge (woohoo!). This week though I am actually doing little in the way of front end training...it is the week when we go through the ENTIRE home accents department (the whole center department of the store, the largest by far) and take out (a.k.a. "pull" is the official term) any items that have been there 9 months or longer, reprice them at 66% off and move them to another part of the store (where Christmas stuff was) and try to get rid of it. I spent the whole day repricing, moving, reorganizing home accents stuff and thinking that no wonder people didn't buy it, some of this stuff is hideous!! We still have...oh...about 90% of the department to go but hopefully I will get some actual training this week because I am off tomorrow and Thursday is my first offical day as supervisor and frankly I don't have the foggiest idea what I am doing.

Chad is off Thursday and we are a little bummed that we didn't get the same days off. No one wants to stay up late and do stuff when it is their turn to go to work the next day so we probably won't be doing anything late night tomorrow because I will have to go to work and nothing late night tonight because he will have to go to work tomorrow. So much for our New Year's bonfire plans...
Headed to see Chad's grandmother tonight when I get off work (she isn't doing well...hospice has her on serious pain meds) so keep his whole family in your prayers. Knowing it is coming never makes it easier.

0 comments: