The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

and then its back to work

I am sitting on the couch, surrounded by (ok, truth, being sat on by Chad and laid upon by Gwendolen) and then Jay (who is minding his manners on the other side, quietly sipping his coffee)...theoretically enjoying a few minutes of....oh, who am I kidding...the dog is driving me crazy and Chad is laying on my right arm so I can't type correctly....oh how I love them.

I have to go back to work today (ugh...gotta work till 10 tonight). I think it is worse after having a few days off but I will be off tomorrow for Sunday too. Hopefully we will get Christmas presents put away today and clean up a bit on Sunday but we plan on just lazing around together today, enjoying our last offical day of freedom before the "Real World" starts again.

I got some cool gifts (besides the camera...long story...we'll see how it turns out) I got the portable hard drive (160 GB...plenty for all my pictures and I already freed up the space on my laptop...from Chad's parents), cute fleece jackets from my sis and Frannie, cute App State shorts from Megan, some tools from Chad's dad (Chad got the cordless drill and I got all the accessories to go with it so he's really stuck with me now!), a beautiful jewelry box from mom and dad, scarf and mittens...and the list goes on. I can not believe how blessed I am and now that I have two families I am twice as blessed. We got back to The Nooga last night and the Irwins and Jay all came over and we ate good pizza and had Irwin family Christmas. It was fun...and nice to just be with them. Chad and I decided that we are leaving the tree up till after New Years. No point in putting the thing up if you aren't gonna get your "goody" out of it, as my mom would say.

Maybe I will be able to post pictures soon...I'll let you know.

0 comments: