The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Not you? Then it must be me.

My Christmas tree is still naked.
I am unhappy about it.
What happened to getting and decorating the tree on Sunday? Life.
That's what happened life.
Oh, and Chad trying to be thrifty.
Now let me be clear, thrifty is perfectly fine. I realize we need to be saving money.
But he wants me return the lights I bought (on sale! at Hobby Lobby! AND used my discount!) and he is supposed to be bringing some home from Boss B and Wife L.
Urgh.
Stupid. Naked. Tree.
I refuse to post pictures until I can post ALL OF THEM.

Ok, done with that for now...

Made Rice Krispy Treats tonight. Oh yes. I am happy. I will take them all week in my lunchbox. and then I will have something to look forward to for hours on my feet.

Chad's mom, S, came to see me at work today and bought some of her Christmas stuff. We didn't have exactly the thing she wanted to she bought it at my store and is switching it out at the store across town for the one she wanted. Oh yes, a city big enough for TWO Hobby Lobby's. Amazing.

My mom is supposed to come see me between now and Christmas to help me with Chad's present but it is looking like we are running out of time. She might just have to help me do it when we go down home for actual Christmas. By the way, for those of you that are interested in seeing me, we will be in Columbus from VERY late night on the 24th to the afternoon of the 26th. I know I am not going to want to come back home but that is all the time I can get off for one holiday so that is what we are doing. Mom talks and muses about the two sides of the being employed coin...either you are unemployed with plenty of time on your hands and no money to do the things you want or you are employed with NO time on your hands to do the things you now have the money to do. Its a sad cycle. I had all this time on my hands to visit people and have them come see me and do fun stuff but had no money. Now, I have NO TIME and a little bit o'money. Oh well....

We paid for my Christmas present this morning and hopefully UPS will deliver it by this weekend so we can use it. I am so incredibly excited. I am going to take the instruction book to work and read it while I am on my lunch break (oh, I am such a nerd.)

My car got a new battery yesterday thanks to my fabulous husband. It wouldn't start a couple of times...something about it not liking the cold weather (ok, really just something about cold crank amps, whatever the heck that means). So, new battery (with more cold crank amps I hear) and all seems to be doing well (of course, wouldn't really know judging by the fact that today was the warmest day in about a month).

Finally, I like my job. I would even go as far to say I love my job (except for the tired feet part...seriously!). Its the people that I get to work with. I really like all of them (ok, with the exception of like ONE person. There is always one person right??) and they seem to genuinely care about each other. BUT, let's be real. HL is not my dream job by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, I would LOVE to keep getting a discount there forever but I am desperate to be doing something that my heart can get a hold of. I know that sounds super vague but selling crafts doesn't feel like my calling, if you can understand that! So, for those of you who might be reading who don't know (ok, I am fooling myself here but I can be hopeful!) me that well...my degree is in Political Science and I have minors in Professional Writing and Criminal Justice. I am super passionate about victim's rights, women and children, orphans, community development, law, etc. If any of you know about someone that might be hiring or need someone just part time, please let me know! I need to be doing something to positively impact the community around me and I just haven't figured out what that thing is quite yet...

2 comments:

Erin Fielding said...

I am briefing some constitutional law cases for homework and I would be glad to farm those out. haha. just kidding. (not really)

but I know that you are being faithful in the small things and that God will bring along an awesome opportunity for you to be passionate about soon!

BParrish said...

I just saw yo momma last week. I understand she is taking care of the 'auntie' in Quitman. I'm sure she will be relieved of that duty eventually and be available to help out. Is the tree still nakie?
Praying that just the right job op comes your way. Is there a victim's advocacy office anywhere near by? That would be perfect for you.