The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

finally post the pictures

Yes, for those of you who have been patiently waiting (and will probably be very disappointed when they see them...sorry!)....here are the pictures of Christmas decor in our little place. here

(Still can't get Picasa to work so no cool captions...and new camera is sitting at the UPS warehouse and I can't get it till Monday so bear with me on the quality).


Our Apple tree

Garland on the stairs with our stocking and mini-presents!

We have two little trees outside the front door and a wreath on the door, all with matching bows (made by me!). Please note the little face looking out the window at me taking pictures.

Our "JOY" stocking holders...Chad, mine, and Gwendolen's. There has been some question what we are going to do when we get another dog...wait, who said anything about another dog? We will NOT be getting another dog. JOY will stay JOY for a quite some time, if you know what I mean. The candles were some I already had and I wanted to be able to use them again so I just tied some red and green embroidery thread around them so I can change the color later!

And finally, the tree! I painted the little signs above the tree...they say "All things merry and bright". There are currently two wrapped presents under the tree, which I did NOT wrap. Jay did them. That is my project for today.

Headed to church and lunch with Dad B and Mom S then we are coming back to get the house ready for our Survivor finale party tonight. Ok, ok, we don't actually watch Survivor on a regular basis but Boss B and Fun-Wife L are coming over tonight to hang out, eat dinner and watch the finale for a fun Sunday night. BUT, that means I need to go to the grocery store and clean up in the kitchen and living room and get those presents wrapped before then!

4 comments:

Sara said...

so precious! love your crafty-ness!

Anonymous said...

Your decs are very thrifty nifty. Love the trees, did your hubby help or is he scrooge?

PSIrwin said...

scrooge. that is the only way to describe him. :)
but his theory is "if she's happy, i'm happy". and i'm happy.
i don't mind doing it alone cause then it gets done MY way...(oops, so yes, I want it done MY way). :P

Anonymous said...

Want to come do my house? I put up the tree - and it's lighted! - but no other decoration. Yet. Probably ever.