The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

a prayer.

We are having a hard time seeing and feeling the Christmas spirit around here...the true reason for our life and breath and remembering a baby in a manger....celebrating an advent season.
Or maybe it is just me....not finding the joy in the season.
I breathe a prayer all day...a prayer for thankfulness and whisper a pleading heart.
Unpacking boxes all day today - putting out more things for people to buy and forget the Child.
I breathe a prayer to help me remember to celebrate the Truth this Christmas, a truth having nothing to do with the gifts we have purchased (or not purchased yet), a truth that doesn't need a tree or ornaments or lights.
I whisper a prayer of thanks and a request to use me up so nothing is left.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula, you have had a gift(since birth) of making people feel better rather than worse just by having a conversation. I think that you convey joy. I know that you do this at work and at play. You make a difference to people.

Donna G.

( couldn't sign the other ways but did not want to really be anonymous)