The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, December 14, 2009

new.

It is Monday night (late!) and I am feeling like a new person, though an admittedly tired one. Most of the gross stuff going on in my head has moved to my throat and chest so aside from the constant plague-like coughing, I am feeling much better! Hopefully this is a knock-it-out in a week and a half deal. I've been drinking lots of OJ, taking my meds, and getting plenty of water the rest of the day so here's hoping it won't last much longer.
I spent about 4 hours (no, literally 4 hours) making decorated sugar cookies yesterday. When I turn on my computer tomorrow I will share pictures. They are a little um...ugly...in their own cute sorta way and after about 2 hours of decorating I was running a little low on ideas. They do taste pretty decent so that makes up for their attractiveness. I also made my famous toffee tonight and Chad made a batch of chocolate fudge yesterday and a batch of peanut butter fudge today. In an effort to get brownie points - I mean be nice - and get rid of some of the Christmas sweets, I am going to take some to the managers at my store. I will hopefully bag some up and get it to work Wednesday since everyone needs a little sweet pick-me-up on freight day.
I am off work on Friday this week and hopefully my mom will be able to come up and hang out for the day, helping me to finish up some Christmas projects (that have been far too long going). Or maybe we will just hang out all day and do nothing. Either would be ok! I just look forward to a day off from HL to get things done around the house.

0 comments: