The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, December 7, 2009

oh christmas tree.

I am sitting here, looking at our Christmas tree, enjoying the night...
I had to work late, until close when I was only scheduled until 7 because one of the other girls called in sick. Sorta a bad day to be sick; we were already behind when we started but got farther and farther behind all day because we were so busy.
Hopefully we will get caught up tomorrow since we don't schedule much for Wednesdays because of out freight.

I got a text the other day from Dani and she wants me to make her a few things to give for Christmas presents...I was super excited. I won't tell you what I am making because frankly I don't think the receivers read my blog but I don't want to ruin the surprise, just in case. But mostly I was so thrilled that she wanted me to make something for her...that my talent can be used somehow! And it is pretty much my first official paid order so that is pretty cool too. A couple of people have encouraged me to open an Etsy shop of handmade things but I don't know if I could handle the pressure. I am scared I would mess something up and then no one would want to buy things from me! I guess I could also only sell things that are already finished because the idea of taking custom orders terrifies me! What if they hated it?!? So anyway, I will make those in the next couple of nights (maybe while watching NCIS again tomorrow night? Commercial breaks seem to be a good craft time!)...fun! I am glad to be helping with a handmade Christmas gift...I fully support that!

By the way, my digits are no longer dingy. Thanks for asking.
And yes, it is hilarious now.
And yes, people at work joke about it constantly.
And yes, the jokes will probably be getting old soon.
Maybe right about....now.

My Christmas plans for folks at work:
Cookies for the general public I think.
Pecan Clusters (the kind with caramel and chocolate...yummy!) for the managers
and maybe Paula's Famous Toffee!
Who doesn't like cookies, pecans, and toffee?!?
I bought all the ingredients at BiLo yesterday. Another handmade Christmas idea!

1 comments:

Emily Geyer said...

My friend Becca did all of our pictures :) she's the best!