The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

awesome.

I am still sick...feeling like I have more energy but still feeling like crap.
The coughing has started now too...the dry tickle that won't stop and the nice cough that means you are supposed to be coughing something up but it isn't happening so you just cough, and cough, and cough...ugh.
Sorry to be graphic. This is just my life right now!
I went to work yesterday and spent the whole day trying to tell people that I wasn't contagious...I just sound like a frog. The doc said I could go if I felt up to it and we are far too busy for me to miss another day of work so I went. I was exhausted when I got home last night and I have to open this morning. I hated getting out of my warm bed...it is in the 20's here! So the roads are icy meaning I am going to give myself a little extra time to get to work. I drive down two hilly/curvy roads that are constantly wet because of bad drainage so I always make a mental note to slow down and give myself plenty of time to get there. I noticed yesterday that they actually salted a couple of places on one road so that is telling you something about how cold it is here. Crazy! It isn't even officially winter yet!
I saw Emily at HL yesterday and it was so nice to see a friendly face when I didn't feel great! We talked about fun Christmas craft projects...her family is trying to do the handmade thing too which I fully support! Fun....! I am jealous!
My parents arrived back home in Cols. after a week in Gaitlinburg with my in-laws. I think they had a blast. I talked to mom a couple of times when I didn't feel good and they were always doing something fun. I think they really enjoyed being away for a few days...just being someplace new and different always gives you a new perspective. It was so nice of the in-laws to offer and I know my parents had a good time hanging out with them. It is the most time they have ever spent together - a good chance to get to know each other better since they have family in common now!
Enough for now...I could sit here under a blanket all morning but I would be late for work.
Making my lunch...bundling up...and headed out!

0 comments: