The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

looking forward.

Today is freight day at HL. Joy.
And the worst part is that this is no regular freight day...not only do we have an entire day's worth of framing to finish that is due tomorrow (after already doing an entire regular day's worth of framing yesterday that is due tomorrow - the joy of being double booked for Christmas) but we also have our biggest freight order of the year. Seriously. Apparently people give photo frames for Christmas much more than I realized. I placed my biggest order in photo frames and B (my dept. manager) placed a huge order back in the actual framing dept so we will have an absolute ton of stuff to unpack and put out today along with our regular framing. I think I am tired already.
Oh, and did I mention that I have to go in early and still stay to close (probably about 10pm)?
Ok, enough complaining...I am counting down the days until Chad and I get to go to Columbus. I desperately wish I got a whole week off to spend with my family (you are so lucky Dani!!) but next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will have to do. Chad and I will be driving down late Thursday night when I get off work, arriving in Columbus probably around 10 or 11. And frankly, if my sister keeps with our crazy traditions and gets us up early on Christmas morning she might get a black eye for Christmas (hi sis! I love you!).
My sis-in-law M has 6 friends coming to stay with us this weekend and if I didn't have to work I am pretty sure that Chad and I would leave home (mostly just because it would free up another bed!). I am trying to clean up this morning before I leave work because I will get in so late tonight and have to go in early tomorrow so I won't have as much of a chance to clean up our mess before they get here. I also have to make a couple of stops this morning before work to get some last Christmas presents before the money and time is completely gone!

0 comments: