The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

things.

Chad has been gone since yesterday morning to his training class up near Nashville...I thought I would like a few days of quiet but it seems I miss him more than I thought I would. Frankly, it is usually me that is leaving to go on a hiking trip, see friends, or visit my parents for a weekend when he can't go and leaving him with a half empty bed. And I don't think I like the flipside as much! I slept awesomely until about 1:58am when I got a wrong number phone call (I know...I never turn off my phone...what if it was important?!?) and then I was hopelessly aware of his empty half of the bed. Oh well...he will be back Friday night and I am sure I can manage until then.
My mom is coming tomorrow to hang out with me on my day off and I am super-de-duper excited. Again, we have nothing planned but just chillin' out, enjoying each other's company. She wants to see my watercolors which I am not yet proud of, seeing as how I am the daughter of a painter, but maybe she can give me some pointers and help me on my way.
It is freight day at work - a day we all dread for the rest of the week. It is just a little stressful, tiring, and busy - especially for those who have to unpack, put out, put together frames, hang wires, and clean up at the end of the day. So, I guess closing on freight day is my least favorite too.
Going to paint some, pack my lunch and head to work. The animals have been in rare form this morning and I hope I can keep the cat out of my paints long enough to get something done!

0 comments: