The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

sometimes

Last night was eventful...
I thought Chad and Megan would be home by 8 for dinner so I got off work, went to the grocery store, came home, put up groceries, went for a walk, and then got dinner ready.
As it turns out, Chad stayed at the pool and Megan came home.
The pump is messed up and apparently Chad is one of the few people who is qualified to fix it.
So he finally got home after 9.
Fail #1.
We ate dinner.
He went up to take a shower.
I finished the show I was watching with Megan and helped clean up the kitchen (hey, I cooked, it was a trade off!) and then headed upstairs for my shower.
What I found when I got upstairs made me so furious I cried.
Gwendolen - eating packets of hot chocolate mix.
Yep.
I hear chocolate is bad for dogs.
Apparently she didn't eat enough to hurt her (two packets don't really have that much chocolate in them do they?)...did I hear a collective sigh of relief?
Probably not.
More than her eating the chocolate (which at that point I didn't really care anything about)...our bedroom carpet was covered in chocolate powder.
Oh yes.
So I vaccumed up what I could after being basically attacked when I tried to stop her from eating anymore (oh yes...like snarling, growling, lunging for my hands and legs attacked...BAD DOG) and then sprayed and scrubbed the carpet.
Fail #2 (dog eating chocolate)
and #3 (Paula cleaning carpet).
Guess what tonight is?
Night #1 of doggie classes.
I could not be more excited.
Or nervous.
Have you ever heard of anyone getting kicked out of doggie classes?
You might after tonight.

0 comments: