The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Friday, June 12, 2009

quickly posting

So I haven't been as great with the posting/blogging recently for a very good reason.
Atleast I personally think it is a great reason.
Chad and I rarely get to hang out - just the two of us, doing something we want to do, not something we have to get done like laundry, dishes, general cleaning, working on the house, etc.
And with him coaching the swim team four nights a week it is even slimmer timing now.
I decided that I was not going to blog or play on the internet while Chad and I are home at the same time and could be hanging out.
Our time is precious and scarce as it is and I want my priorities to be evident in my actions.
That only leaves me time before I go to work, between the gym, showering, making lunch/dinner to take with me...etc, etc.
I am doing my best because I have really enjoyed blogging - the outlet that it allows me to express myself, the connection with other people (known and unknown), and the feeling of having something that is all my own.

So today...I close at the HobLob again. I am off tomorrow and Sunday and I couldn't be more thrilled. Chad and I have plans to install a vent in our attic to let some of the hot air out so the air conditioner doesn't have to work so hard to cool the second floor....just one of those eco-projects we have been trying to get around to for a while. I know that time together, even working on a project like that, is still time together, but it isn't the same when we can't focus on each other and building a stronger relationship.
Cutting a hole in the side of the house is thrilling but just not the same...
I also think that we are going to try to hook up for a double date tomorrow night and get some dinner and catch those late night fireworks with my friend A and her boyfriend, A-squared. (what else was I going to call him? His name starts with an A too!)
Hopefully we have a fun weekend in store!

0 comments: