The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, June 15, 2009

quiet time

Ode to a coach's wife.

"It's quiet.
Oh so quiet.
Dinner, oh my dinner.
It is so very quiet.

My shows.
Oh my tv shows.
They are so very lonely.

This cat.
This dog.
They are so very crazy.

My night.
My beautiful night.
It is so very dark."

So I have been home alone since I got off work.
Made dinner.
Drank a glass of wine with my pasta and pesto bread.
Read all my blogs.
Wrote this.
Watched some TLC.
Did the dishes.
Now I am going to put up all the clothes that Jay folded this weekend (ah. wonderful!).
All this I did alone.
and lonely.
Sad face.
Tonight is the first swim meet of the season and it was a little too far away for me to make it after work so I just came home and started doing stuff.
Its cool...swim team only last through July.
I think.
I hope.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

sorry to burst your bubble. BUT i come home everynight alone. solo. i get in my bed alone. solo. i do things in my house all day & night. alone. have no friends. and am alone. ode to these great 20 something year old girls... who are alone. and solo. at least yours is for a night... and thank goodness mine is only for 2 more months.

Francina said...

We're here!