The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

this should explain it.

It has been an interesting couple of weeks around the GS office. As if a "normal" recruitment season isn't crazy/stressful/exhausting enough, things got a bit more so last week. One of the membership gals (those lovely ladies that do the same things that I do) quit last week. She was very new - only been with us about a month - and left with little explanation and absolutely no warning. She had 4 service areas - one near the office and the other 3 out in fairly rural counties. These areas - full of schools that have not had a recruitment yet - now are the responsibility of myself and one other membership manager, my friend K (who really got the bum deal on this one - I got one area and she got the other 3). Second blow...another of the what WAS 5 girls that do what I do...is moving to another department after recruitment season is over and I will get her two areas. This leaves 3 membership managers - one of whom will be having a baby soon. Then we will be down to 2.
Oh.
My.
Gosh.
Let's sum this up - two weeks ago I had 4 service areas with 52 schools (32 of them being elementary schools). Now I have 7 service areas with - frankly I have no idea how many schools - and currently I prefer to live in uneducated bliss.
In all honesty, I am already so stressed out and overwhelmed and filled with there-already-aren't-enough-hours-in-my-day-ness, that I am really not worried about it. My boss knows what kind of workload she has placed on us. She knows that we are working as hard and as fast as we possibly can. She knows I am already working 12 and 14 hour days. I will continue to love my job, give it 100% of me while I am there. But I have also had to come to this conclusion that I am only one person and I can only do just so much in one day. I still need time to hang out with friends, keep my house clean, do laundry so I don't smell funny (!) and love on my sweetie.
So, I will do my best.
And the light at the end of the Tunnel of Recruitment might have gotten a little further away but it is still in sight.

0 comments: