The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

day 3.

Well, it is Day #3 of those poor guys out fighting the same (rather large and annoying) fire that someone thought it might be a good idea to start.
Chad is exhausted, tired, and tired some more. Did I mention that he is tired? Cause he is.
Gwendolen was very, very sick last night.
I knew that dogs are not supposed to eat grapes - enough of them can be toxic and cause kidneys to stop working. Apparently no one sent Gwendolen that memo and she thought the muscadines in the compost pile looked mighty tasty.
Probably not as much later when she threw them up. 6 times. We made it outside for the last 2 or 3 (since I was in bed at the time and was putting clothes on as fast as I could). Chad was so tired I couldn't bear to wake him up so I dealt with the grossness (murmuring the entire time - "this is why I don't have kids yet - barf makes me barf").
Sorry was that a little too picturesque for you?
I was quite concerned. Mostly about her kidneys.
Woke Chad up.
We stayed up late with her, making sure she was not going to be sick anymore.
Called the emergency vet. They told me to bring her in and it would cost $110 just to look at her.
Whoa-ness. I cried. A lot.
Scared for her. Mad about being up. Tired of dealing with animal issues.
Called her vet this morning - told him everything. He says she will be fine. For free.
Love our vet.
Going to church. Alone.
Cause Chad is still on a fire.
did I mention he is tired and this is Day 3?
Please pray for rain.

0 comments: