The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

29.

A biased birthday post.

I am married to an amazing guy.
He is kind, patient, self-less and sacrificial.
He does so many things around our house that *he thinks* go unnoticed but just to take care of our home.
He is funny, good-looking, strong, loyal, and dedicated.

My mom and I had a conversation a few weeks ago looking back on the day we got married. I don't think either one of us really knew what I was getting into. And it turned out even better than either of us could have imagined.

I just sat here and listened to him have a conversation with his older sister about going to church. We took our nephew with us last week, upon Chad's request. Listening to him describe our church and how he feels about the community we have found there nearly brought me to tears. Knowing that he wants his family to experience Jesus in that community based setting is water to my soul.

He is one year older and wiser. And I can't wait to spend many more years with him.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have frequently told people the story about your wedding: how you decided to go the 'impulsive' route instead of the expensive, lengthy, planned to perfection, chaotic, stressful, overwhelming path. Am after reading your blog today, am delighted to see the results of the choices you made. I know it meant a lot to grandmothers to be there and see the two of you happily united. So even though there are no elaborately posed photos of high-ticket gowns and tuxedos hanging on your walls: you will agree that particular aspect of 'doing life together' is not what's Really Important.