The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Filled up.

I have a journal that I specifically write in when I am in church. I find that it helps me to focus on what the pastor is saying instead of letting my mind wander when I should be listening! I still fill it up with words, questions, ponderings, pictures, etc. and I tend to write in fun colored pens too. It is always a good and yet sad feeling when you fill one up. I filled one up a couple of Sunday's ago - which was actually perfectly timed because our church (Calvary Chapel Chattanooga - check it out - you'll love it!) just finished up a run through the entire Bible and now we are getting back to our super-in-depth studies at Romans (one of my favorite/most highlighted books!). I was gifted a lot of journals around the time I graduated high school and college and bought one or two in India and I am slowly filling all of these up. I've finally settled down with what I like the best...unlined, plain pages - usually an earthy cover/natural paper. I've enjoyed looking back over my notes, seeing how my thoughts have changed and yet always, always, always amazed at grace.

0 comments: